With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The overall purpose of the transport facilitators is to provide logistical support to the staff and visitors in the course of project implementation. Further, the transport facilitators ensure that all errands related to work are undertaken to guarantee a smooth running of Programme activities.
- Deliver packages and goods as assigned by various departments
- Facilitate visiting World Vision staff/visitors to hotels/office/field/Airport transfers
- Ensure that all trips are authorized, start and finish mileage is recorded, fuel allocated and purpose of the journey are indicated in the movement log-book before undertaking any trip.
- Ensure that no unauthorized passengers are carried in World Vision Zambia motor vehicles
- Prepare vehicle performance report and submit to Transport office timely
- Drivers should ensure high standards of cleanliness and tidiness both inside and outside motor vehicles under their custody all the time.
- Report all accidents and defects on motor vehicles so that they can be attended to on time by the Transport Officer.
- Monitor and ensure that the status of motor vehicles e.g. engine oil, water, brake fluid and tyre condition etc. are in good state before using the motor vehicle
- Drivers should familiarize themselves with transport policy
- Attend to any other duties which might be assigned by the transport officer
- Ensure that the motor vehicle has safety equipment and safety procedures are followed by passengers
- In liaison with the supervisor, ensure that vehicles are serviced in time.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions
- Perform other duties as required.
- Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Education: Grade 12 standard of education
- Experience: 3 – 5 years working experience
- 10 years of Driving experience may precede the minimum education entry experience
- Must have a valid Class C Zambian driving License
- Good skill in human relationship
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the road safety rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of car mechanics, with a certificate in car maintenance is an added advantage
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize work and need for urgency
WV Zambia takes a zero tolerance to safeguarding breaches in all its operations. Zero tolerance means;
Failure to follow WV’s safeguarding behaviour protocols, or any other part of the WV safeguarding policy.
Other inappropriate behaviour toward children and adults in the communities we work. Or failing to report a known or suspected safeguarding incident committed by a WV staff or affiliate report
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with Field travel
On call: 24 hrs.
Working hours: May work extended hours especially when short deadlines are required
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2023.