ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
4. SECRETARY TO DIRECTOR – TECHNICAL SERVICES (ZABS 7×01)
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To compose and type routine letters, memoranda, reports, minutes of meetings To receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, take messages and schedules appointments for the Director
- To proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content
- To establish and maintain office files, control records or other information concerning the work under the Director’s control
- To maintain confidentiality of documents and information received
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONALATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management
- Diploma in Public Administration or Human Resources will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 100/120 WPM shorthand and 55/65 typing speed with three (3) years’ experience of being Secretary to Director in a technical environment
- Computer literate in excel, word processing, power point.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, of sober character, good communication skills and capable of handling confidential matters.
- The positions 1-2 are in contract employment category whilst positions 3 and 4 are in Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs, please send your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below.