Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to slightly over two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
Mary’s Meals Zambia is currently recruiting for the role of Procurement Manager.
Reports to: Head of Service
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Procurement Manager (PM) is responsible for managing and coordinating procurement officer(s), lead cost-effective purchasing processes, provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes, and ensure that agreements are in-place to protect MM. The PM will research, evaluate, and buy products for MM to use in their everyday operations. The PM will be responsible for ensuring all procurement activities are in-line with Mary’s Meals Zambia procurement and financial policies and will be secretary to the Zambia Internal Procurement Committee ensuring that its mandate is met. The PM will also work closely with the Mary’s Meals International Procurement Manager and contribute to the growth of the global procurement function.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, or any related field.
2. CIPS Professional diploma
3. Five (5) years previous experience as procurement Manager or related position.
4. Good communication skills
5. Proven capability to supervise, train and coach
6. Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement process, policy and systems.
7. Valid membership with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
8. Valid driving license (Manual driving license)
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may apply by email.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply.
You do not need to send academic qualification at this stage.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Indicate the job title being applied for as subject.
MMZ does not charge any fees for receiving applications.
As part of adherence to Mary’s Meals Safeguarding Policy, you will be required to provide a clean police record.