Goldenlay is the largest producer, supplier, and distributor of table eggs across Zambia, and boasting a brand familiar to retailers and consumers alike. Goldenlay is hereby inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Plant Maintenance Manager
Scope of Job
Manage a maintenance team to ensure all preventative maintenance is completed in time whilst immediately attending to breakdowns, reducing downtime, increasing the useful life of all machinery and equipment with optimal efficient quality workmanship, and planning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operational Management: Supervise and coordinate the overall operations of the poultry plant, ensuring efficient production and adherence to quality standards
- Maintenance Planning: Develop and implement maintenance schedules, preventive maintenance programs, and repair strategies to optimize plant performance and minimize downtime
- Equipment Inspection and Repair: Regularly inspect and maintain all equipment, machinery, and production lines to ensure they are in good working condition
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve operational issues, equipment malfunctions, and production delays by implementing appropriate corrective actions
- Ensure the power situation and backup generators are always in good working order
- Manage the night shift crew
- Hold morning startup meeting and shutdown meeting with tool box talk
- Produce daily reports on job tasks and maintenance issues
- All collection and packhouse equipment are operational and maintained at all times
- Staff Management: Supervise and train maintenance personnel, including fitters, electricians, and general maintenance staff, to maintain a skilled and efficient workforce
- Inventory and Cost Control: Manage inventory levels through stores, monitor and control costs, and identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction.
Qualification and Experience
- Knowledge of production plants management and maintenance systems
- Technical Expertise: Proficiency in maintenance and repair of plant equipment such as, electrical componentry, generators, compressors, freezers, packaging machines, and conveyors
- Mechanical and Electrical Skills: Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical components, including motors, pumps, valves, control systems, and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Leadership and Communication: Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage a team and collaborate with other departments
- Problem-Solving: Analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve operational issues and optimize plant performance
- Flexibility and Availability: Willingness to work in shifts, including weekends and holidays, as plant operations may require.
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma / Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with high personal integrity.
- +5 years’ experience working in an Industrial manufacturing industry.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work hands on in a busy environment.
Method of Application
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CV’s with at least three traceable references to the address/e-mail below.