Amatheon Agri Zambia Limited is part of Amatheon Agri Holding N.V., a German agribusiness and farming company, developing and operating sustainable projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. The group’s headquarters is in Berlin with management structures throughout Europe and business operations in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon is committed to act in a manner that is socially responsible and reflects sound environmental management practices.
Workshop Supervisor (01)
The company is looking for a focused, workshop supervisor who will coordinate and directs the department technicians for maximum efficiency and productivity while overseeing all workshop repair work to ensure the highest quality of service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare, supervise, and control workshop activities, including the scheduling of work in the service department.
- Liaise with Manager and diagnose concerns with equipment prior to being booked in for service and/or repair.
- Assist all Technicians and Trainee Technicians in the diagnosis of mechanical problems.
- Ensure that Technicians and Trainee Technicians are using their time effectively and efficiently.
- Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service inspect and test machinery with the Technician who completed the job to ensure the equipment has been repaired and/or serviced in accordance with the
- Manager’s instructions and manufacturers guidelines.
- Ensure the best quality service by requiring that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
- Ensure all company equipment/machinery is presented back to the company in a clean and presentable standard.
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition.
- Control and set workshop behavioral standards.
- Maintain staff morale.
- Advise all new and existing staff of company policies and procedures and adherence to these policies and procedures.
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employee’s specific duty.
- Make suggestions to management for improvements to the Mechanical Service Department’s operations.
- Maintain a well-trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required.
- Ensure the development and progress of all apprentices.
- Assist toward keeping the workshop area clear and clean, orderly, and attractive.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist in coordinating after hours call outs and the weekly on call roster.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Experience 5 years plus
- Qualified mechanic or any related.
- Sound knowledge of workshop procedures.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and integrity.
- A good level of computer literacy
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the stated criteria need to apply and email their CVs.