A position has become available at Flatdogs Camp for the right person to assist in the management and day to day running of this busy, successful and happy Safari Camp on the border of the world famous South Luangwa National Park.
Flatdogs Camp’s success has been based around a high level of customer care and a “hands on” approach by the senior managers and Directors. This has led to a highly motivated and well trained staff which is a huge part of why people come back to stay at Flatdogs Camp year after year.
In 2022 the Directors employed a camp manager to offer some assistance to keep up this high standard and offer training and mentorship to existing staff and managers. This position has become available again for the 2024 season.
Primarily the jobs will focus around all areas of customer service including (but not exclusive to)
– Checking guest accommodation prior to guest arrival
– Reporting and following up on maintenance issues
– Meeting the guests and hosting them while they are in camp.
– Making sure guests have been offered appropriate activities e.g. do they want to go into the village to see community projects, visit textile manufacturers? are they keen to do a walking safari instead of a game drive or an all day drive if there are enough of them? ...
– Being aware of guests’ dietary requirements and liaising with the kitchen to ensure they are met and well catered for.
– Driving guests to private accommodation (Treehouse and Crocodile Nest) and on village trips
– General chat and conversation with guests to make people welcome and part of the Flatdogs’ family.
– Maintain communications with guests to generate funds for the Charities that Flatdogs Camp supports.
– Ensure proper procedures are being followed by departments and offer advice and training where necessary.
– Assist with planning of guest movements and work closely with the safari manager.
– Continually be aware of improvements and adjustments that are needed in the running and operations of the camp.
– Call and chair Head of Department meetings regularly and send minutes to Directors.
– Attend management meetings called by Directors and report any issues and ideas, some of which may have come from HoD meetings
This role would suit someone with qualifications and experience in the hospitality industry, preferably with experience in the photographic safari industry. You must be committed to hard work, enjoy being in the bush, be willing to get involved in all kinds of tasks around camp (there shouldn’t be anything “below” you!). Also vital is to be a people person with proven management skills and most importantly of all, a sense of humour.
Method of Application
Please email the MD, Adrian Coley for more information. Hope to meet you soon!