Grade: CEC10 | Contract Type: Permanent | Location: Kitwe
This job holder will be required to perform a range of security duties such as surveillance access security control, motor vehicle tracking and monitoring other security electronic systems in order to ensure security of company property. This role will be reporting to the Senior Security Officer.
- Effective monitor events and patterns of behavior using security equipment such as Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), motor vehicle tracking, drones etc. in order to protect company property and employees and control costs;
- Efficiently monitor all access points to company premises in order to prevent unauthorized entry;
- Maintain correct, accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly logs of all security events monitored and captured on CCTV and other company security systems;
- Detect security breaches within CEC operational areas and enforce regulations as appropriate;
- Support prosecution in the courts of law all cases of theft and vandalism involving company materials;
- Coach and monitor hired guards deployed on various CEC beats in order to ensure effective and efficient guard-ship and monitoring duties and patrols;
- Effectively communicate with law enforcement agencies stakeholders whenever crime or security incidents are noticed or reported in the system;
- Maintain links with all security units in the company in order to effectively manage rapid response;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental budget;
- Provide support to management of departmental expenditure within the prescribed budget to achieve cost control savings;
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these or escalate to superior;
- Demonstrate consistent behavior in line with the Company’s HSE and Risk Management policies, procedures and standards;
- Create and maintain a safe and secure work environment through proactive risk identification, reporting and management;
- Demonstrate behavior in line with CEC values, Standards, and expectations of a professional workplace; and
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers, and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Certificate in Law and Police duties or equivalent.
- At least 3 years work experience in a security role.
- Physical stamina to conduct observation and surveillance for long hours.
- Proven ability to handle or use firearms.
- Ability to operate an electronic surveillance system.
- Sound knowledge of criminal knowledge and procedure.
- Sufficient skills to operate surveillance systems.
- Minimum oral skills required to communicate with superiors, hired security guards and visitors.
- Good report writing skills for preparing security reports.
Method of Application
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on the link below and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted at this stage.
CEC is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its staff. Suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.