The Operations Manager is a key member of MLG’s management team responsible for overseeing the company’s organizational processes and adds improvements. This is a great opportunity for you to make a personal contribution to the success of an exciting international company.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure accountability for the effective, efficient and ethical implementation of all MLG operations in Zambia
- Manage MLG Zambia’s day-to-day administration, including property management, procurement, and logistics
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory, oversee fleet and transportation management.
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant with all statutory bodies.
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives for the office. Identify and address operational challenges
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets, costs and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor performance KPIs
- Find ways to increase the profitability of MLG
- Ensure MLG Zambia operates in compliance with US and Zambian laws and policies
- Support the Country Manager to maintain strong relationships with the Government of Zambia and other stakeholders
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with HQ on operations issues
What You Should Have:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field is highly desirable; however, relevant work experience will also be considered
- Six years of operations experience
- Three years of management experience over teams
- Proven ability to operate at director level
- Strong general management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Experience working for an international company
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above stipulated qualifications should email their application letters, Curriculum vitae, three traceable referees and photocopies of relevant certificates.