Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Investigations Officer in the Estate Support Services Department.
The position reports to the Security and Emergency Response Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to prevention of security and crime incidents thorough investigations of past/present security related incidents.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Compiling and submitting to the Security Manager daily and monthly security reports, including crime statistics in order to produce proper crime mitigation and control measures.
- Compiling and submitting on time monthly reports on status of all criminal, sexual offences and gender-based violence cases referred to police from Illovo.
- Administer bunches of investigations of thefts, drugs, gender protection and all related corporate frauds and cybercrimes.
- Compiling and submitting on time investigations report s to the Security Manager, HODs and line management for all investigated cases.
- Engaging surrounding community leaders to ensure a sustainable and peaceful coexistence with Illovo and coordinate trainings to promote community intelligence collection.
- Collecting and analyzing data of community policing issues and recommending strategies to enhance engagement with the community.
- Keep updated of all legal changes that can affect criminal investigation procedures.
- Do analyses and evaluations of potential recruiting of informants as well as to explore other information sources.
- Take part in joint security operations and required diligences for the recovery of stolen items and arrest of potential suspects.
- Assisting the Security Manager in carrying out investigations on threats, whether overt or covert that are directed towards Illovo business interests.
- Interview and recording of witnesses and suspects statements in relation to various security and safety incidents.
- Preservation and custodianship of evidence at incident site and where applicable identifies witnesses to the incident by acting as first responders thereto.
- Generate mitigation measures for existing threats to the business.
- Conducting investigations by attending to tip off anonymous cases which need input from the security department and submitting reports to relevant managers for appropriate action.
- Assisting in prosecution of company cases by giving all evidence and forensic information in court and during internal disciplinary inquiries.
- Building a network of informants for intelligence gathering for proactive crime management.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelors’ Degree in Criminology, Law, Military, Security Management or similar
- Zambian Police/Military Service Training a must.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in criminal and corporate investigations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply new information to situation/Team player/ Honest/High integrity
- Report and Statement writing skills/ witness interviewing skills
- Computer literacy
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please email your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.