Job Title: Geologist
Site: Grizzly Mine
Position Reports to : Senior Geologist
Grade: Middle Management (MM)
Direct Reports: Geology Technicians
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Senior Geologist in collecting all the data through geological mapping, logging and sampling
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Geological mapping and Sampling
- Drill rig supervision
- Recording and compiling geological data in and around the mine
- GIS assessment and 3D modelling of the geology of a mine
- Ensure QA/QC standard is adhered to during data collection, processing and interpretation
- Preparing and presenting data; checking the quality levels of materials produced for resource assessment
- Interpretation of data acquired by geophysics (gravity, magnetic, electromagnetic signatures)
- Drill core and RC chips logging: identification of different layers of rock (rock type, minerals, alteration haloes, textural clues).
- Take stoke of the drilling consumables and ensure they do not run out of stoke.
- Ensure that all geological technicians are correctly managing the collection of all geological data i.e. Rock and soil sampling, Blast hole sampling and mapping.
- Compile internal daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure all activities complies with all conditions of relevant mines and minerals acts, government departments on all active prospecting and mining licenses.
- Be able to work remotely depending on location of active projects
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of 0 – 3 years’ experience in the Exploration and Mining Industry
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be computer literate with exposure to 3D geological software & competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be a Member of Geological Society of Zambia (GSZ)
- Must be a Member of EIZ
- Must be Holder of a valid Zambian driver’s license
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details.