Educore Services provides world class, cutting edge, sustainable education through its school groups Trident schools, Sentinel schools and Frontier schools. These three school groups provide inclusive education at all levels of the community and are based in the North Western Province with a recent addition in Lusaka province of Zambia.
They are seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Assistant Financial Controller (AFC) who will report to the Financial Controller and directly contribute to all areas of Finance. This position is based in Solwezi.
Main Purpose of the Job
The AFC supports the Finacial Controller and Finance Manager in developing and maintaining outstanding financial services to the whole organisation. This role holders dynamic performance and attitude anticipates the effective needs and services of each stakeholder. The AFC is aware of the required services to be provided in terms of timing and quality and ensures its accurate implementation and controls.
Commencement date: 1st September 2023.
- Professional Qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ZICA) Part II or University Degree in Accountancy.
- Minimum three to five years’ work experience in Finance and Accounting, in an international school
or having worked for a conglomerate is an added advantage.
Key Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Team player, good listener and attentive to detail, goal oriented, good analytical and supervisory skills.
- Self-motivated organised with good consultative skills
- Ability to develop reports.
- Problem solving abilities with quick and efficient counter action.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setup.
- Accuracy of work and reliability/trustworthiness.
- Proficient with Pastel Evolution/ACCPAC.
- Ability to perform key finance/accounting functions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle stress associated with the need to work to deadlines.
- Willingness to meet deadlines and efficient use of working time.
Method of Application
A full CV and cover letter must be emailed, with the subject Assistant Financial Controller application.
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.