The Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme (ZCGS) is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia. The mandate of ZCGS is to provide credit guarantees to viable Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs), in order to facilitate their access to affordable financing. To realise its mission and mandate, ZCGS wishes to invite highly self – motivated, result – oriented, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
The position reports to the Manager- Business Development and Strategy and is responsible for the effective undertaking of the formulation, implementation and review of business development programs in order to increase access to financing for MSMEs.
KEY RESULT AREA AND PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES (MAIN DUTIES)
· Undertakes effectively the development of the credit guarantee market, business and products in order to facilitate issuance of guarantees
· Undertakes effectively the Performance Review of financial Service providers in order to minimise capital deterioration of the organization
· Undertakes effectively the promotion and sustenance of partnerships with clients and stakeholders for MSMEs in order to facilitate their increased access to finances
· Undertakes effectively the conduct of appraisals of MSMEs projects in order to determine their viability and achieve optimal financing
DATA COLLECTION AND COLLATION
· Undertakes effectively the collection, analysis and collation of information in order to facilitate the development and review of the business plan
· Undertakes effectively the conduct of research in order to generate information for decision making
· Undertakes effectively the preparation of annual and other reports in order to facilitate accountability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Full Form V/Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
• A minimum of a Degree in Economics/Business Administration or equivalent
• Five (5 ) years’ relevant work experience preferably in a financial institution.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Ability to write analytical and technical reports
• Ability to make decisions and systematically resolve problems
• Experience in developing strategic and business plans.
• Extensive knowledge of the MSME lending market and an understanding of how a credit guarantee scheme can be a strategic response employed to increase financial inclusion for MSMEs.
• Thorough knowledge of financial markets and understanding of market dynamics.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the use of search Microsoft Office software.
• Computer literate
• Analytical skills
• Negotiation skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates with necessary qualifications, experience and personal attributes for the jobs should address their applications to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
Corner Roan/Bishop Roads, Kabulonga
And all applications accompanied by a curriculum vita (maximum five pages) and copies of certified academic and professional certificates must be received electronically via e-mail. Only short – listed candidates shall be responded to.
ZCGS will offer competitive employment conditions to the successful candidates.