Zambia Land Alliance (ZLA) is a network of Non-Governmental Organizations advocating for policies and laws that consider the interests of poor and marginalized communities. ZLA is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to take up the position of Programme Officer – Food Security and Livelihoods, to be based at the National Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Spearhead the design, planning and reporting of projects related to food security and livelihoods.
2. Participate in the monitoring and management of project budgets with support and oversight from the Programmes Manager.
3. Support the design and implementation of the monitoring framework and plan of the programme.
4. Develop and maintain positive relationships with relevant local stakeholders related to the programme.
5. Work closely with, mentor and develop the capacity of district staff and community volunteers.
6. Provide technical support to district and national staff in the development and implementation of activities under the programme.
7. Participate in policy advocacy and lobbying efforts related to the programme at district, national and international levels.
8. Performing any other responsibilities as may be delegated by Management.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The person must be qualified for the work and have experience as follows:
1. A relevant university degree in Agriculture or its equivalent.
2. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in small-scale agricultural or food security strengthening NGO projects.
3. Experience in capacity development and/or mentoring of staff and rural communities.
4. Strong understanding of climate change mitigation and response
5. Ability to work with teams and independently to support a variety of projects.
6. Experience in proposal writing.
7. Excellent computer, communication and interpersonal skills
8. Valid driver’s license (manual vehicles) with at least 2 years driving experience.
9. High degree of initiative, flexibility and creativity
10. Willingness to travel outside duty station (Lusaka)
11. Working experience on EU, USAID and DFID-funded projects is an added advantage.
Method of Application
The contract period for this position is one year (renewable, subject to availability of funds). If you feel you meet these qualifications send your APPLICATION LETTER and CURRICULUM VITAE with 3 traceable references to:
The Executive Director, Zambia Land Alliance, Plot 401A St Johns Road, Makeni Bonaventure, Lusaka, Zambia.
All applications should be sent to the following email address.