Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (WWSSC), providing water and sanitation services in Western province and regulated by National Water Supply and Sanitation Council (NWASSCO) and an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit high profiled, self-motivated, innovative, honesty, committed, adequately and appropriately experienced person to fill the following positions to be based at the Corporate Office in Mongu:
2.0 COMPANY SECRETARY/LEGAL COUNSEL (1)
3.0 REPORTING LINE
Functionally to the Board and Administratively to the Managing Director.
4.0 JOB PURPOSE
To provide efficient and effective secretarial services and Legal advice to the Board and Senior Management of the Company
The Job holder is the Company’s Chief Secretary and Legal Advisor.
5.0 Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expert legal advice to the Board and Senior Management on various matters affecting the company.
- Drafts various Legal Documents on behalf of the company.
- Interprets and explains the legal implications of various contracts and documents to the company’s Management and the Board.
- Works in consultation with external counsel on all litigation matters affecting the company.
- Ensures that all matters which are under litigation are attended to by external counsel in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains all court documents and files court documents on behalf of the company.
- Studies and explains any changes in Government legislation and its implications on the company’s Business to the Board and Management.
- Assists in the Preparation of Board/Board Committee Meetings and assists in provision of Secretarial Services.
- Issues notices for AGMs and provides secretarial services during AGMs.
- Filing of annual returns with PACRA.
- Handles conveyance duties for the company
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
6.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form v) School Certificate with five (05) O level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- LLB Degree from a recognized institution
- Holder of a valid practicing license and advocate of the High Court
- Paid up member of LAZ
- At least 3 years post qualification work experience
- Computer Literate.
- Valid and clean Driving License.
- Personal organization
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
The position is for three (3) year fixed term contract renewable based on performance and personal conduct.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CV and attach copies of professional qualification to the following email address or box address.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.