SOS Children’s Villages is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realize the mission of the organisations, SOS Children’s Villages is recruiting for the under listed position.
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Recruitment decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks and police clearance reference check processes
INTERNAL AUDITOR (1) – National Office, Lusaka
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Full ACCA, CIMA, CFE or related qualification
- Membership of both the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is necessary.
- Five (5) years or more of proven experience in Internal Audit with at least two of these in Non -Governmental Organizations will be an added advantage.
- Proven computer literacy.
The Internal Auditor will assist management and the Board in reviewing, documenting and establishing effective accounting and operational controls over the Organization’s administrative and programmatic activities in the National office and all facilities within SOS Children’s Villages in Zambia, and as well as supervising the examination, investigation and review of records, reports, financial statements and management practices to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and Organization’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures development of yearly annual risk based internal audit plan with maximum efficiency and professionalism,
- Ensures development of an effective audit program incorporating best practice and policy ensuing a clear concept and guideline for effective implementation.
- Undertakes visits as arranged and perform individual audit in compliance with the approved audit program to ensure effective internal control systems are in place.
- Ensures quality audit report containing observation, impact and recommendation in time.
- Conducts comprehensive investigations based on organizational requirement, find out genuine facts and prepare quality and timely reports containing observations and recommendations.
- As Internal audit to proactively provide high quality and effective support services and advice to the organization.
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, and any risks or control concerns identified by management and to execute financial, operational and compliance-based audits with a focus on the programs in the international office.
- Assists management with the documentation, testing and remediation of internal controls; develop and evaluate test plans in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Implements the annual approved audit plan: collect, analyze and document results of audit investigations plus internal audits as well as communicate observations and recommendations to senior management and board of the MA for appropriate improvements to program, financial and information technology processes.
- Issue periodic reports to management and board audit committee which summarizes the results of audit activities, including the status of the annual audit plan.
- Performs follow-up on recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment.
- Keeps management informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Maintains and files concise, up-to-date records of audit plans, findings, work papers, reports and other supporting documentation for all related reviews performed.
- Continually keep up to date on current activities, accounting pronouncements and audit information significant to the profession and industry.
- Assists in the identification and management of financial and legal risks so as to minimize or eliminate those risks within the organization.
- Maintains a high standard of ethics, discipline and professionalism.
- Support in the recruitment of external auditors and be a liaison between the management and external auditors.
- Support the regional internal audit team when requested and continuously update on any technical challenges faced. Be a contact person between the management/board of the MA and regional office internal audit department
- The jobholder will functionally report to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Trustees and administratively to the National Director.
- Ability to effectively interact with both the Management and Board of Trustees.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and able to travel out of station frequently.
- Be of high moral standing and personal integrity.
Method of Application
You can email your application letter and CV only. Please DO NOT email academic and professional certificates as they will only be required during the interviews to the applicants who will be responded to.
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.