Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to slightly over two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
Mary’s Meals Zambia is currently recruiting for the role of Procurement Manager.
Reports to: Head of Service
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Procurement Manager (PM) is responsible for managing and coordinating procurement officer(s), lead cost-effective purchasing processes, provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes, and ensure that agreements are in-place to protect MM. The PM will research, evaluate, and buy products for MM to use in their everyday operations. The PM will be responsible for ensuring all procurement activities are in-line with Mary’s Meals Zambia procurement and financial policies and will be secretary to the Zambia Internal Procurement Committee ensuring that its mandate is met. The PM will also work closely with the Mary’s Meals International Procurement Manager and contribute to the growth of the global procurement function.
- Ensure efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and fully accountable manner, ensuring compliance with financial procedures, value for money and justifiable use of funds.
- Coordinate the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and ensure that the basis for all major procurement decisions are documented and transparent;
- Coordinate major tenders, ensuring key internal deadlines are met.
- Develop procurement documentation (e.g. contracts, tender documents, etc.) as and when required, ensuring adherence to their provisions, seeking support where necessary;
- Ensure all procurement is approved in-line with Mary’s Meals policies (e.g. purchase order, contract, service agreements);
- Provide input and recommend improvements to MMZ Procurement Policy and processes;
- Develop, coordinate, and regularly update annual procurement plans in collaboration with the Procurement Officer, Head of Finance and Operations, and Mary’s Meals International.
- Prepare status reports for weekly and monthly procurement plans and provide updates as required.
- Liaise with the key budget holders and other staff to determine their product and service needs.
- Monitor trends and product availability to pay the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality.
- Nurture relationships with suppliers, and for mid-level procurement, independently negotiate the best prices for goods and services on behalf of MM.
- To work with MMI Procurement Manager and the Zambia HoFO to ensure international procurement processes for in-country supplies are followed and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure compliance with professional ethics, statutory regulations, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Identify gaps in supplier base, and Pro-actively research and identify potential new suppliers.
- Prepare and manage a list of prequalified suppliers.
- Research new products and services to meet Mary’s Meals’ goals.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Assess total costs of Mary’s Meals purchases.
- Develop and implement strategies for procurement, including robust follow-up on routine procurement activities.
- Develop the capacity of all appropriate staff in sound procurement practices.
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, or any related field.
- CIPS Professional diploma
- Five (5) years previous experience as procurement Manager or related position.
- Good communication skills
- Proven capability to supervise, train and coach
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement process, policy and systems.
- Valid membership with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Valid driving license (Manual driving license)
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may apply by email.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply.
You do not need to send academic qualification at this stage.
MMZ is equal opportunity employer and both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Indicate the job title being applied for as subject.
MMZ does not charge any fees for receiving applications.
As part of adherence to Mary’s Meals Safeguarding Policy, you will be required to provide a clean police record.