SOS Children’s Villages is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realise the mission of the organisation, SOS Children’s Villages is recruiting for the under listed position.
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Recruitment decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks and police clearance reference check processes
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1) – Lusaka
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Full Grade 12 School Certificate
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement Management, CIPS Advanced Diploma
3. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
4. Computer literate
5. Driver’s license
The job holder will administratively report to the Regional Program Manager and technically to the Human Resource and Administration Manager.
Responsible for coordinating and execution of delegated/approved purchasing functions; ensure transparency, credibility and value for money in supply contract terms, quality, costs and fulfilment/delivery timelines (of procured goods and services) across the organization. This may include tendering processes and administration of contracts in accordance with the procurement process, policies, and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to effectively interact within the organization, corporate and media houses.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi task
- Be of high moral standing and personal integrity.
- Establish and rationalize Key Supplier Agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Identify, control and develop purchasing processes and practices, to ensure the organization obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff on procurement matters.
- Audit and provide key advice in developing, reviewing and implementing purchasing processes and practice.
- Review of purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs to the organization.
- Develop, compile, reconcile, and/ or update information in vendor and stock databases to provide effective processing, information management and reporting.
- Ensure compliance to the organization’s purchasing procedures.
- Co-ordinate the overall operation of organization’s purchasing function to ensure goods, works and services are provided at the most competitive rates.
- Obtain quotations for the purchase of goods, works and services to authorized limits
- Provide staff training and control to other departments relating to the organization’s purchasing processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with the organization’s suppliers to ensure the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Monitor organizational procurement trends and implement improved procedures.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and review the tender and quotation process for the organizations, and where necessary in consultation with the organization’s legal opinion.
- Actively monitor tender and quotation procedures across the organization identifying any deficiencies and recommend any improvements and Co-ordinate acquisition and disposal of organization’s vehicle fleet and plant.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and subsequent administration.
- Preparation of Contract changes and amendments.
- Review submissions from providers for conformity to contract specifications and make recommendations on acceptable contracts.
- Direct activities concerned with contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products or services.
- Examine performance requirements, delivery schedules and estimates of costs of materials, equipment and production to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Annually review purchasing/ ordering procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure transparency, credibility and adherence to all organizational processes, policies and procedures relating to procurement.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to management as required.
- Assisting with input and development of the procurement policies, systems and procedures.
- Working in liaison with the Location Procurement Officers.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details