Zamaka Services & Solutions Limited’s offer smooth end-to-end, customized safety and productivity solutions to clients looking to expand, looking for resource support, or simply looking to improve their bottom line. Personalized service excellence is our core. Operational consistency is our key. Our culture is what sets us apart.
We are an established importer and distributor of automotive safety and productivity products, accessories and connectivity products, coupled with on-site support and maintenance teams. We seek an enthusiastic, vibrant person to join our team. You will work full-time Mon – Sat in a challenging and fast-paced environment and will have a passion for sales, a willingness to learn about our innovative product solutions and love communicating with people. You will be part of our team which is the first point of contact for our customers for placing orders and seeking product information. The role is an interactive role with our customers. Please note this job is NOT a telemarketing role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience in the automotive / sales industry /mining industry
- Proven track record of strategic customer relations management
- Project related sales experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- People management experience
- Sales Management experience
- Leadership skills
- Analytical, financial and business skills
- Interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills (MS Office suite)
- Target driven
- Good general auto electrical product knowledge
- Understanding the importance of structures, processes and compliance
- Deep understanding of mine safety and mine workshop operations
- Understanding of, and proven track record of achieving financial benchmarks and targets
- Strong expertise in demand creation and customer influence
- Knowledge of techniques to shape solutions to meet customer needs
- Understanding of the expectations and desires of retail customers
- Planning and Organising
- Highly developed communication skills to persuade and influence
- Financial acumen
- Well-developed listening skills to understand and resolve customer problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to network
- Well-developed internal resilience (EQ) and sensitivity to diversity
- Highly developed discretionary skills to negotiate
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Good numerical reasoning and interpretation skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Broad analytical and diagnostic skills
- Computer, technology and system skills (Intermediate –advanced MS Office)
- Planning and Organising
- Drive for Results (action orientation)
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Strong drive for growing the business
- Concern for communicating clearly and persuasively
- Commitment to maintaining business awareness
- Orientation towards growing and nurturing relationships
- Focus on Customer Centricity
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Commitment to behaving ethically and correctly
- Concern for leading others and our culture
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Focus on innovating
- Appreciation for challenging others with respect
- Openness to accepting feedback
- Concern for valuing and appreciating others
- Concern for working within parameters
- Relevant Sales and Marketing or Business Management degree/diploma/equivalent
- Valid driver’s licence
Key deliverables and outputs
Strategic and Financial:
- Ensure the set sales targets and sales metrics are aligned to and achieve the planned business objectives.
- Monitor sales performance to ensure that budget targets are met and that revenue flows are maximized.
- Ensure recovery ratios are in line with strategic sales plan.
Customer Experience Solutions:
- Work closely with Management to implement relevant marketing plans to grow the business, ensuring sustainable business performance.
- Drive a culture of continuous innovation and improvement to ensure that the business remains at the forefront of the industry (including system improvement recommendations).
- Provide solutions to issues and ensure effective resolution (e.g. profit decline, loss of business to competitors)
- Ensure understanding of the optimal customer solution and the options to meeting the customer’s requirement at best cost.
- Manage sales performance and reporting.
- Provide customers/suppliers with relevant services and information as required.
- Oversee all on-site / on-mine operational teams for effective performance and compliance.
- Manage adherence to all contractual obligations by maintaining and improving the company’s service offering, according to customer expectations.
- Investigate and timeously resolve any customer related queries.
- Ensure compliance to all legislative requirements and business rules where applicable.
- Ensure all deals are legitimate, ethical and legal.
- Ensure that all customer safety protocols, rules, regulations and policies are in place and adhered to.
Stakeholders (internal & external customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities):
- Build, maintain and enhance relations with, internal departments, suppliers, customers, agents, etc. to further our business and brand.
- Regular reporting to stakeholders on sales performance.
- Provide clear direction and decisive leadership to on-site / on-mine teams, ensuring all are aligned to the goals and have a clear purpose.
- Set clearly defined performance standards / targets for the on-site / on-mine teams, holding them accountable to achieve these and providing support and guidance where needed.
- Create and maintain a constructive atmosphere within the team, engaging and motivating fellow employees to always give their best, while respecting any areas of diversity (whether areas of expertise, cultural, gender, age, background, etc.)
- Ensure on-site / on-mine teams adhere to set business policies and procedures, emphasising the importance of general discipline at work and objectively correcting and handling any deviations as they arise.
- Set the example to the team and deliver on the employee value proposition by leading the team and the business in line with the company’s Leadership Behaviours.
- Support and encourage fellow employees to drive their own individual development plans in order to further grow as professionals in their jobs.
- Ensure that the company’s value system is communicated.
- Own transport.
- Reside in the Copperbelt (preferably Solwezi or Kalumbila area).
- Willingness to relocate to the Copperbelt (Solwezi or Kalumbila area)
Package & Remuneration:
- Market related, but dependent on experience and qualifications
Method of Application
Please only submit your CV and supporting documents as application IF YOU QUALIFY based on the abovementioned criteria. Applications that do not match the requirements will be deleted.
To apply for this job email your details. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a receipt confirmation email (if your application matches our requirements). ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you have not been contacted within this period, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MORE THAN ONCE.