With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
To facilitate community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organization capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor and report technical program interventions at Area Program level for improved child well being
Program Development and Implementation
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (ANRM) and Business and Market Development(B&MD) within the THRIVE/SEED technical Programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget.
- Communicate World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values, policies and our approaches to facilitate development processes to realize well-being of the children in the communities.
- Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of context appropriate ANRM and B&MD technical Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Work with other technical program staff at Area Programme to implement technical programs activities for improved integrated implementation for impact and scale.
- Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities in the ANRM area for improved access to Productivity enhancement technologies and profitability at AP level as well as the Business and market development area for improved access to markets and financial services at AP level, respectively.
- Work closely with the community and district partners such as the church to mobilize community for local partnership and ownership, participation in implementation of ANRM and B&MD activities to achieve sustainability of technical Programme interventions
- Participate in the district development plans of line ministries to ensure WVZL technical programs are mainstreamed and aligned.
- Facilitate ANRM program models contextualized for effective implementation in the Area Programme e.g. CSA (CA, FMNR, Agroforestry
Local Partnering and Networking
- Collaborate with Climate Smart Agriculture actors, local level stakeholders involved in the identified value chains in the THRIVE/SEED technical program for effective Programme implementation and sustainability.
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings at district level including Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment of national and local priorities.
- Facilitate and support local level Agriculture and Natural Resources Management as well as Business and Market Development related advocacy for better service provision/delivery
- Collaborate with value chain actors, local level stakeholders involved in the identified value chains in the THRIVE/SEED technical program for effective Programme implementation and sustainability.
- Facilitate building capacity of CDW’s and Volunteers on the ANRM and B&MD technical issues for effective roll out and activity implementation
- Facilitate training for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure improved productivity technologies are access and enterprise risk management services related activities are effectively implemented
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with DME specialist, build capacity for CDW’s and volunteers in data collection, interpretation and utilization.
- Collect monitoring data with community workers and volunteers in a collaborative and systematic way e.g. CSA activities, adoptions etc.
- Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved technical Programme decision making.
- Participate in the review of technical program interventions for improved quality of programming
- Work with technical program DME to input data databases and develop information management systems.
- Participate in documenting and sharing Programme lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Diploma in Agricultural Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Agro Forestry with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Agro Forestry or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing is essential
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilization, facilitating and donor engagement skills
- Must have Strong technical skills with practical experience in climate smart agriculture, enterprise risk management – shocks, vulnerability and capacity assessments
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 20%: field 80%
- Travel: international as required.
- WV Zambia takes a zero tolerance to safeguarding breaches in all its operations. Zero tolerance means;
- Failure to follow WV’s safeguarding behaviour protocols, or any other part of the WV safeguarding policy.
- Other inappropriate behaviour toward children and adults in the communities we work. Or failing to report a known or suspected safeguarding incident committed by a WV staff or affiliate.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website