ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of EEA International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Product Manager is the voice of the customer. You will — in collaboration with departments across EEA at the country and global level — design our product portfolio strategy in order to meet the needs of our customers and our business. You will own the P&L of your product catalogue, leading cross-functional teams to increase adoption and reduce costs; all with the aim of increasing affordability for our customers. You will own the process of adapting, implementing, monitoring, and scaling products sold over our platform.
This is an exciting role which requires strategic visioning as well as operational execution.
Reporting to the EEA Zambia Head of Operations, you will work cross-functionally with our customer service, operations, sales, marketing, and technical teams on the ground.
- Create and curate the unit economics for your country’s product catalogue and pricing for Solar Home Systems, upgrades and related products.
- Conduct regular pricing and product reviews, to ensure coherence with EEA Zambia’s overall financial model and rationalized product pipeline prioritization.
- Facilitate options for product cost reductions
- Own annual and quarterly performance management targets, e.g., Sales/Revenue by Product Type
- Support Commercial growth with details around Customers eligible for Upgrades
- Develop and manage key stakeholder product partnerships, such as content partners for TV offering.
- Full ownership of R&D budget creation and evaluation
- Coordinate the rollout of pilots, new products and new pricing initiatives
Digital Product Management
- Support Global Software teams to develop, deliver and market EEA’s digital loan management service and other software products that enable sales of our core products.
- Work with other departments to solicit and gather requirements for new digital product development.
- Be local support for all digital products and main business contact for improvements and measurement working to improve efficiency and adoption of digital tools.
- Support in-country digital support through trainings, onboarding and query resolution.
- Support the development and implementation of EEA Zambia’s long-term product strategy plans
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives and conduct strategic research by working with all other departments to implement these initiatives and ensure key milestones are achieved
- Propose and support with planning and execution of a short-to-medium term macroeconomic strategy for EEA Zambia.
- Evaluate industry trends and conduct a regular competitive landscape analysis of the solar home system market and energy sector in Zambia
- Identify, lead and manage the development and implementation of innovative approaches to business challenges.
- work with teams across the company to deliver innovative solutions and improvements to enhance competitiveness and efficiency.
- Undertake specific ad-hoc projects or initiatives at the request of the Country Director with the aim to increase momentum and actively track performance/progress.
- Work on specific projects/deep dives and ensure follow through, particularly when thematic issues arise (work with different members of the management and regional team); provide timely and succinct updates on issues/projects
- Engage with regional teams to co-ordinate geographically driven initiatives
- Act as a prime contact point and coordinator for initiatives
- Build and manage a high-performing team
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering degree
- 3+ years of experience working in product or portfolio management roles, or similarly fastpaced, high-responsibility positions; all of which involved intense analytical experience
- Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary, diverse teams.
- Project management experience
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills and an understanding of effective technical communication and data visualization methods
- Experience building & maintaining pricing and sales models
- Experience piloting products or programs with smart, iterative design processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Local languages are a plus
- Experience working with SQL and/or Tableau.
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website