Probationary Period: 3 Months
Reporting Manager: Assistant Manager – Technical Services.
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be Zambia’s leading technology service provider offering a range of solutions including client computing and enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with leading OEM manufacturers across the ICT sector. NetOne owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne also owns and operates the Swish Pay platform enabling digital payments from consumer to merchant through its integrations with Visa, MasterCard and Mobile Money platforms. The group continues to innovate in launching new products to the Zambian market and is therefore looking to grow our team!
If you are an individual that believes in career progression, innovative, fearless and want to be on the winning team, this is the team for you!
- Hold the supervisory role for the infrastructure team.
- Carry out preventative maintenance of NData’s core Infrastructure as instructed by the Head of Technical Services.
- Support and handle all infrastructure-related escalations from the NOC department about all services offered by Ndata.
- Support NetOne IT customers’ infrastructure as per the scope of the contract.
- Ensure that all system support and maintenance calls are logged and processed.
- Ensure that every field activity is recorded and signed off where applicable as per standard technical procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety measures are taken, and available equipment is used in all situations where required.
- Configure and deploy virtual machines on the VMware or Hyper-V platform for both internal and external customers
- Configure storage equipment according to any instruction assigned by the line manager or as per situation requirement
- Patch data center infrastructure such as storage and servers and ensure that network devices are patched accordingly.
- Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objectives of NetOne IT Limited.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology,
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in the ICT industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, and logical thinking skills to isolate and identify potential issues in a complex environment.
- Hands-on work experience in VMware and Hyper-V Virtualization platforms.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Windows administrative server roles and services.
- Knowledge and applications hosted on Windows Server and Desktop operating system.
- Knowledge of Linux-based OS.
- Knowledge of working with enterprise storage technologies.
- Software and Hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, etc.
- Able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Open for 24×7 availability.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills.
- Have a valid driving license with 2 years plus driving experience.
- Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objective of NetOne IT Limited.
Method of Application
Email us a SUMMARY CV of your academic qualifications, professional work experience and skill set. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.