Urban Bliss Hotel was established in 2019 to reward a good life by providing our guests with the most compelling and unique hospitality experience possible. Urban Bliss Hotel, a four-star hotel located in Kabwe, Zambia’s Central Province, is described by most guests as an oasis of tranquility.
Urban Bliss Hotel is now recruiting for an Executive Chef. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for leading the overall kitchen operations of the hotel. He/she is responsible for training and managing kitchen team members, supervising and coordinating all related culinary activities, estimate food consumption, select and develop recipes. Further, this role is responsible for standardizing production of dishes, ensuring consistent quality, establishing presentation, techniques and quality standards, ensuring proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Train, encourage, develop, and motivate, supervisors and culinary staff members to meet and exceed set food preparation standards consistently.
- Teach other chefs about food preparation following well-defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways to consistently improve the cuisine in the hotel.
- Give directions for the day-to-day kitchen operations for junior chefs.
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions.
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs.
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events.
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands.
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage, train and develop the kitchen team.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives.
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends.
- Stay up to date with culinary trends and industry developments, incorporating them into menu planning and presentation.
- Maintain inventory levels of all food stock items.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of products to comply with the standards.
- Coordinate all and ensure self-cleanliness amongst the kitchen staff.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma in Culinary/Food Production or any other relevant/applicable qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years catering experience in a 4-star establishment or higher
- Proven experience as an Executive Chef, Head Chef or Sous Chef in a busy hotel.
- Exceptional culinary skills with expertise in both international and local cuisines.
- Strong leadership abilities with the capacity to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of kitchen operations, including food preparation, plating, and presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff.
- Experience managing food costs.
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
Method of Application
Apply by emailing your CV and cover letter.