Based in the NFCA Mine and directly reporting to the Site Manager, the role of the Reliability Engineer – Mechanical is to monitor and report exceptions and, from analyzing exceptions, plan and influence changes in systems relating to Maintenance issues & schedules as related to the mechanical aspects of NFCA underground Mine.
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
• Promote awareness and comply with site standards and procedures in SHEQ
• Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHEQ goals in support of the department, site and company standards
• Demonstrates leadership in SHEQ through personal behaviors and conversations, and ensuring that the team report all SHEQ incidents and participate in SHEQ initiatives
• Provide clear expectations on performance in SHEQ through setting objectives in SHEQ for all employees and contractors
• Take responsibility for the safety of all personnel, including yourself, at the Customer site.
People and Organization
• Actively participate in the Asset Management department team to support and promote agreed decisions of the department
• Provide and ensure effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning of section personnel
• Ensure effective discipline, relationships and communication within the team and between other departments and teams.
• Ensure deployment and skill level requirements of section personnel are maintained to enable achievement of the annual plan
• Consistently apply Workplace Management Procedures to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and visions and values
In relation to Mechanical systems and equipment:
• Provide Technical support and actively coach maintenance personnel.
• Control planning staff and the reporting of Machine KPI and Availability reports.
• Establish and maintain relationships with operations personnel to ensure a focused effort on the elimination of failure and the extension of machine life
• Improve data integrity by continuously reviewing how data is recorded and influencing appropriate personnel to accurately record downtime data for use in reliability analysis
• Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset
• Provide a specialist resource to the Maintenance function by analyzing failure history, liaising with Operators and Maintenance personnel and making life cycle comparisons
• Participate in reviews and provide input and recommendations to improve current maintenance strategies in order to deliver reliability improvements
• Provide monthly plant performance summaries of both planned and unplanned performance
• Participate in and /or lead site improvement initiatives in the worksite area
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Strong background in mobile fleet maintenance
• Broad experience in hard rock mining equipment maintenance
• Experience in Mine maintenance modules like SAP and Pronto is preferred
• Strong working ability with MS Office (spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc)
• 4 years’ experience in a mechanical reliability role preferably
• Proficient in AUTOCAD
• Previous experience in a leadership or facilitator type position and project management
• Ability to establish and maintain influential relationships with internal and external persons
• High demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
• Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated competency in strategic planning
• Proficient spreadsheet and database applications
• Proficient in project management principles
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Ability to persuade, influence and manage conflict resolution
• Strong leadership skills
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website