Lumwana Mining Company is seeking to recruit highly committed and passionate employees for the position of Emergency Response Technician to join the versatile Occupational Health and Safety Team.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Emergency Response, you will be responsible for providing expedient and effective emergency services, including Fire Fighting, Rope Rescue, Vehicle Rescue, Hazardous Material Response, Ambulance services, fire safety inspections and service of fire systems, to minimize personal injuries, equipment damage and loss of production in the event of an incident or accident within Lumwana Mining Company site / Lease area township and community.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Respond to all Emergency situations across site in a timely and effective manner,
- Conduct weekly planned maintenance programs as scheduled and undertake all duties as directed commensurate with skills knowledge/ training.
- Ensure all emergency vehicles, equipment and accessories are in a constant state of preparedness after pre- starts.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly standard tests on ER equipment in accordance with the SOPs and OEMs specifications/manuals.
- Compiling weekly and quarterly reports to the ER supervisor to reflect emergency preparedness, equipment availability and the general status of emergency equipment on Mine site and Township.
- Respond appropriately and resolve emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Ensure inspection, service and maintenance of the site fixed fire system are operational.
- Provides timely updates of the fixed fire systems status to the ER supervisor.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Nationally accredited qualifications – Basic Firefighting, Leading Fire officers, First Aid certificate.
- Emergency Medical Care Provide/Technician (EMT) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in rescue and emergency services, preferably in the mining industry
- Valid Zambian Driver’s license – B class
- Must have good communication skills in English language.
- Must be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website