Pamodzi Ndi Ana is a Zambian-registered organization, working in Eastern Province since 2006, in the areas of Health, Well-being, Education and Water & Sanitation at Schools and Clinics. With donors’ assistance, and in collaboration with the Ministries of General Education, Health, and Community Development, this organisation provides tangible solutions to address the challenges children face, especially in rural areas.
Their Mission is to promote better living conditions for children within their communities, through tangible solutions in support of their education, wellbeing and development.
They are looking for a Community Development Officer who will be responsible for the different projects implemented by the organization.
- Conduct assessment and design processes for new project proposals. Collect data using appropriate tools.
- Work on community engagement and networking with partners and communities through the assessment and design process. Plan, organize, implemented and monitor projects and ensure that they are timely implemented and costs are within the allocated budget.
- To represent the organization and among government offices, Traditional leaders NGOs, Churches and other FBOs and build with them a positive interaction.
- Work with communities and other stakeholders to mobilize materials and others’ contributions for projects
- Ensure the child sponsorship program is implemented according to the is aligned with community, partners, and internal strategies.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Welcome volunteers and visitors and assist during their staying.
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or similar.
- Minimum of three years of experience in development programs.
- Strong proven community engagement and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge in child sponsorship
- Working knowledge of Nyanja
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Driving license is an advantage
Method of Application
To apply for this job, email your details.