ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with the marginalized, excluded women and young people, their organizations, and social movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to take up the following position:
1.0 POSITION: FUNDRAISING MANAGER
Duration 24 months
1.1. PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The holder of the position shall be responsible for fundraising activities of ActionAid Zambia. He or she will lead the identification of existing and new funding opportunities and support the proposal development team in the fundraising process.
1.2 SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Support the Country Director to lead in updating the Fundraising Strategy in line with the Country Strategy Paper as well as ActionAid International global funding policies and frameworks.
- Lead the implementation of funding annual plan.
- Explore existing and alternative funding options suitable for ActionAid Zambia funding needs.
- Identify new and potential funding mechanisms/opportunities in Zambia, regional and donor community.
- Compile monthly income generation reports, comprehensive quarterly activity reports and annual fundraising reports.
- Responsible for diversification of income streams by engaging in corporate partnerships and philanthropy funding opportunities.
Donor relations and Proposal Development
- Support Country Director/Head of Programmes to build alliances with donors, corporations, and NGOs to support ActionAid Zambia work.
- Undertake donor scoping and mapping in line with Country Strategy Paper (CSP)
- Collate intelligence/mapping of opportunities already available at country program and regional levels.
- Undertake go/no go analysis for available funding opportunities.
- Support proposal development teams in the fundraising process
- Negotiates implementation of contracts and MoUs with donors and partners in collaboration with the programmes manager and the finance manager
- Monitor donor activities to ensure that relationships, follow-up, and reporting are being managed appropriately.
Child Sponsorship and Individual Giving
- Oversee sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsorship communications.
- Oversee maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards, and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments.
1.3 MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree in development studies, Economics, Development Finance and or Social Sciences
- A master’s degree relevant to job requirements will be a highly added advantage
1.4 ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Demonstrated understanding of national and international aid environment and trends
- Demonstrated results in achieving large institutional grants.
- Experience in identifying and winning a diverse mix of funding opportunities (institutional, high net worth, charity and philanthropy etc)
- Conversant with national socio-economic and political environment
- Proven research, analytical, communication and report writing skills.
- Good contacts and relationships with people working in donor agencies nationally and regionally.
- At least 7 years professional experience in inter-institutional relationship management, programme development and fundraising
1.5 OTHER REQUISITE COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate understanding of the AAZ’s priorities and goals and effectively analyses complex problems.
- Agility to changing trends and ability to learn new concepts.
- Capacity building of staff on resource mobilisation through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and disseminating information about decisions and plans.
- Ability to focus on strategic deliverables, managing workloads and meeting set targets.
- Adherence to stated values and good ethical conduct when recommending for and making decisions.
To apply, send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address. Alternatively, applications can be sent by hand.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates.