Mpelembe Secondary School invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Vice Principal Academic.
Mpelembe Secondary School is a private co-education day/boarding Catholic School renowned for its pursuit of academic excellence and emphasis on moral and spiritual values with a total population of 916 pupils, and a staff complement of 139.
Reporting to the School Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to the following duties:
1. Supervise Heads of Department’s (HOD) work to ensure daily routines run smoothly.
2. Review curriculum in line with CDC, Ministry of Education, Examinations Council of Zambia and Cambridge and coordinate co-curriculum activities.
3. Ensure that school has the appropriate curriculum, Syllabi and draw up school timetable.
4. Identify staff needs and oversee staff recruitment and professional development of Teachers.
5. Implement entry standards and educational requirements at all levels.
6. Maintain discipline of Staff and Pupils in the school.
7. Responsible for internal and external examinations.
8. Ensure school environment is safe and healthy.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education or any related discipline, but a Master’s Degree or PhD will be an added advantage.
2. A committed Catholic with proven leadership and management skills, knowledge and commitment to the Catholic vision of education, counselling and teaching skills to facilitate the fullest development of pupils, students and staff.
3. The Applicant must be computer literate
At least 10 years’ experience, five years of which should be in a position of either Vice Principal, Deputy Head Teacher of a Secondary School and/or Head of Department in a Secondary School and registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications, including their curriculum vitae, photocopies of professional qualifications and three names of referees to:
The Board Chairperson
Mpelembe Secondary School
PO Box 22809
Principal: +260 – 954996184
Admin: +260 – 950367780 +260 – 962486907
Academic: +260 – 950367928 +260 – 962486908
Director of Boarding: +260 – 950367779
Accounts: +260 – 953226306