Texila American University is a World Class Affordable Educational Provider. We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high-quality education and a focus on applied research. Texila Group–has 4000+ students from 70+ Countries for its varied program verticals.
The University seeks to recruit suitably qualified individuals for the position of “Lecturer in Information Technology”
- Proficient usage of Audio Visual and Digital forms of Lecture delivery
- Writing lecture material and handouts and presenting information in lectures; seminars and tutorials.
- Marking student papers
- Maybe a member of the departmental planning team to determine the teaching program for the academic year;
- Takes feedback from students to improve teaching methodologies and content within the department /faculty; for example, will make changes to course material;
- Changing and adapting course material following research;
- Providing guidance and advice to students, e.g., career advice or advice regarding personal issues.
- Responsible for conducting Lectures and Lab sessions as per the curriculum.
- To ensure that all information is duly uploaded in LMS and ERP (as applicable) on timely basis
2. Research – publications:
Writing papers on a topic relevant to a specialist subject area. This will include journals, books, and other material.
3. Research – active:
- Investigating new areas of research within specialist subject areas;
- Identifying research topic;
- Determining appropriate research methodologies for research;
- Adapting research methodologies.
- Applying appropriate research methodologies for research and analyzing results/conclusions to formulate new concepts and ideas;
- Writing reports to relevant bodies about the progress of research.
Responsible for preparation of assessment papers for examinations
Marking examination papers for graduate and undergraduate students;
Writing examination reports for faculty/departmental review;
Writing dissertation reports;
Maybe a member of departmental/faculty subject group, determining to teach
- Attending conferences in specialist subject areas to liaise and network with national/international colleagues the role holder may, on occasion, be invited to give presentations and lectures in his/her specialism and/or organize sessions in conferences or workshops;
- Participating in external working groups – on occasions the role holder may be asked to participate in collaborative projects;
- May provide references on behalf of academic colleagues.
- May participate in peer review of publications.
Perform any other lawful duties as assigned.
- Drive for results
- Quality focus
- Planning, organizing and flexibility
- Confidence and self-control
- Problem-solving and initiative
- Critical information seeking
- Communicating with clarity
- Embracing change
- Collaborating with others
- Influencing and relationship building
- Innovation and creativity
- Minimum of 3 years lecturing experience in a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology (IT)/ Computer Science.
- A taught Master’s degree in Information Technology (IT)/ Computer Science.
- A PhD in a relevant field is an added advantage