Business: Seba Foods Zambia Limited
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Operations Manager
This role entails making sure electrical systems are safe, and are running with utmost efficiency. The Industrial Electrician is required to assemble new equipment, inand stalling wiring and other electrical devices in an industrial setting. This function includes bending conduits, running wire, and installing relays, outlets, switches, and other components, including electronic tests, handling terminals, contacts, and/or circuit boards, and performing quality inspections. All work will be performed in accordance with applicable codes. The electrician works intensively with electrical drawings, schematics, and electrical system wiring diagrams. This function collaborates very closely with all other functions in the factory, especially system engineers, allowing the job holder to gradually develop, and broaden their operational experience.
Key Functions of Industrial Electrician are:
- Install New Electrical Systems
- Troubleshoot Problems with Electrical Equipment
- Repair and Maintain Existing Equipment
- Maintain Repair and Maintenance Logs and Records
- Assembling & fixing electrical panels, Circuit Breakers, and Distribution Panel
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes
- Responsible for operating, changing over, setting, repairing, and improving on fillers; packaging equipment, combining equipment, and providing support for the workings of auxiliary equipment
- Maintain logs, and record labor, materials, and equipment used
- Must have expertise with PLC Controls
- Study wiring diagrams and manuals to determine correct installation
- Comprehension of fundamental electrical concepts and diagrams.
- Comprehension of fundamental product assembly concepts and drawings
- Comprehension of fundamental engineering concepts and drawings
- Proficient in the use of electrical installation tools
- Experience in the proper use of hand tools and small power tools
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances
- Rewinding & trouble shooting of electric motors
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Troubleshooting & maintaining all electrical faults
- Maintenance & repair of packaging machine, air compressors, FFS packing machines, drive etc.
- Maintenance and repair with records of generator, boiler, cooling tower, water softener etc.
- Liaise with Production Manager for Daily Production Planning, PMS (weekly & daily start up maintenance), Maintenance & repair schedule and troubleshooting of electrical faults
- Assist in installation of new production plant and projects in terms of electrical facilitation
- Ensures smooth operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and technique
- Do RCA for reduction on Electrical breakdown
- To reduce the power consumption per unit of production, by analysing the power losses, taking power saving initiatives & kaizen
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- The candidate should have Diploma / ITI / Degree holder in Electric Field
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in the electrical field for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Proven Experience in Electrical, Production, Maintenance & Repair
- Industry experience in a food manufacturing facility (FMCG) will be an advantage
Method of Application
All interested candidates that qualify for any of the positions to send their updated Curriculum Vitae to the email address below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.