POSITION: Deputy Head – Academic
START DATE: September 2023 or January 2024
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time / 2 Years
Chengelo School is a Christian, International, boarding school with a vision to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia and beyond. Located in a beautiful setting in rural Zambia the school comprises both Primary and Secondary sections as well as an Outdoor Education Centre.
After a period of significant growth, we are seeking dedicated educators to join the leadership team to drive the school forward into its next phase.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Deputy Head – Academic
The Deputy Head – Academic is responsible for the quality of teaching and learning and the standards of academic achievement for all Secondary pupils. The Deputy Head – Academic will line manage the Heads of Department and establish the strategies, structures and methods for the delivery of the curriculum, enhancing this provision wherever possible and as required.
1. A record of good academic achievement including a relevant honours degree (2.1 or above)
3. Excellent oral and written English skills
4. Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents, and external partners.
6. Strong Christian values and a commitment to the vision and mission of the school.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Christian education, a commitment to excellence, and a strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities in African schools. They will play a critical role in shaping the future of our school and will be part of a dynamic and supportive team.
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.