The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following vacant position:
EXAMINER – BANKS ICT (1 POST)
Execute Information and Communication Technology (ICT) examinations and surveillance of Banks in order to assess the ICT risk management processes.
• Analyse information on assigned Banks in order to develop risk matrices and institutional overviews;
• Identify issues of non-compliance at Banks and report to superiors in order to facilitate corrective action;
• Analyse and document findings of the assigned areas in line with the scope memorandum with the purpose of establishing the extent of the institutions’ ICT risks and risk management systems; condition;
• Conduct regular surveillance of Banks and Payment Systems Participants to identify risks, trends in payment systems and recommend appropriate measures to address concerns;
• Assess the impact of new technologies and structural changes in the financial and payment systems, and report to superiors in order to maintain effectiveness of oversight;
• Prepare ICT related reports on Banks for management information and decision making;
• Monitor the assigned Banks’ implementation of ICT supervisory directives and recommendations; and
• Provide first line support to users of the department’s IT applications in order to effectively utilize the technology.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or its equivalent plus Certification in Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Information Security Manager (CISM), Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), or Cybersecurity Nexus – CSX Certificate and CSXP Certification.
• Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (credit or better)
• Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology an added advantage
• Minimum number of years of experience is 3 years of working in a commercial banking, auditing firm or any related professional environment.
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• Information Systems Analysis & Design
• Computer networking, operations and security
• Understanding of relational database technologies
• Business and mathematical analytical skills
• Interpersonal relationship skills
• Knowledge of the laws, regulations and guidelines governing the banking sector
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Method of Application
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.