Job Title: Senior Innovation Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Manager – Innovation Consulting
Duration: 24 months
Location: Lusaka (Primary); Hybrid – Office/Remote
About the Innovation Unit:
The Innovation Unit at BongoHive Consult helps organizations build products and services their customers love. We use strategy, creativity, sector and business insights, and technology; bringing our vast experience supporting high-growth ventures to co-create what’s next.
- As an Innovation Associate in the BongoHive Consult – Innovation Unit, you will contribute broadly in the following ways:
- Provide recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and data elements.
- Provide consultation to clients and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues.
You will work with the rest of the BongoHive Consult team to handle innovation projects and assignments, following a human-centred, Agile, UX, and Lean approach, designing and deploying products and services to enter the Zambian and regional markets on behalf of BongoHive Consult and our clients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Leverage BongoHive Consult’s unique abilities to apply innovative approaches to address complex business challenges both internally and externally.
- Work closely with our partners to identify the problems that need to be solved in their context, and the right approaches to solving them.
- Assist in the design and delivery of various innovative approaches and activities in collaboration with the rest of the team ensuring a seamless end-to-end experience for clients.
- Identify external and internal innovation opportunities that align with market trends and business needs and help develop an organizational path forward in driving more innovative outcomes for the organization.
- Collaborate across other functional teams to support operational work and the integration of information into strategic planning recommendations.
- Lead project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities.
- Supervise other associates and interns that are in the unit.
- Maintain reports and other resources.
- Manage internal and external client relationships and cultivate new relationships to support Innovation priorities.
- Support the Innovation Manager in the operational running of the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of strategic analysis, entrepreneurship (or intrapreneurship), design thinking, and/or innovation.
- Experience working with Human-centred Design, Agile, UX and Lean methodology approaches preferred.
- Keen interest in technology and digital transformation (experience working in the field a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and detailed orientation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare presentations or reports.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to work well as part of a tech-first, fast-paced, asynchronous team.
- Proclivity for learning new, and seemingly complex methodologies.
- A positive attitude, professional appearance, and manner (in written and verbal communication).
- Ability to learn and effectively use new software and other technology to manage operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work both collaboratively or independently as tasks require.
- Excellent computer skills, not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Manage team projects and ensure quality deliverables.
- Lead project planning and management of data collection and reporting.
- Make recommendations to management by presenting data summaries, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Serve as a resource for management to make informed business decisions.
- Typically report to a Manager or Director.
BongoHive is committed to employment equity initiatives, and to having a team that reflects the diversity of the issues and communities we work with. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that applicants may bring, including those based on race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, ability, age, and religion. We welcome both lived and academic experience, and encourage applicants to note this in their application. In our inclusive workplace everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.