Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The main focus of this role is to build and maintain professional business relationships of high value by driving challenging sales and income targets, proactively acquiring new clients, solutioning existing clients with cross sell, campaign and product utilization and proactively managing and improving customer satisfaction and risk and compliance.
Sales and Service
- Achieve agreed sales targets for Liabilities, Assets and Income.
- Develop and Implement proactive calling program (both face –to-face and telephonic) for existing and potential customers.
- Create a lead base of external target market through networking
- Spend a minimum of 75% of available time visiting with customers and targets
- Develop relationship plan for customers including sales and contact strategy
- Work with specialists like Trade Finance and Treasury to maximize sale of these products to customers
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings
- Own the primary relationship with the client by being the only point of entry to the client and ensure the portfolio is serviced appropriately.
- Conduct client visits and maintain a client visitation plan to improve customer service. Participate in the internal customer surveys to ensure the internal relationships are improved, built and value is extracted from these relationships.
- Communicate and implement any actions to improve service following client feedback and/or complaints to all relevant parties within the bank.
- Promote alternative delivery channels to clients.
- Take responsibility for meeting challenging individual and team targets.
- Provide support to team members where assigned.
- Stay abreast of new industry developments and client market positions
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedure to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork by capturing customer information.
- Take ultimate ownership of the portfolio's risk management by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank's and the client's regulatory and compliance environments.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)