Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Minimum Qualification: Accounts or Business Diploma, ACCA/CIMA/CA (Z) Level II or equivalent
Agora Microfinance Zambia Limited (AMZ) is a licensed microfinance lending company that currently operates in the Western, Luapula, Southern, Northern, North-Western, Eastern, Copperbelt, Muchinga, Lusaka and Central provinces of the country.
The mission of AMZ is to ‘Contribute to the economic well-being of the poor through effective provision of appropriate financial services.’
To assist in the provision of independent and objective audits and to ensure that all staff adhere to external regulations, internal policies, procedures and best practices within the organization.
- To conduct inspections of Branches and Head Office functions according to set plans and schedules and submit reports to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Inspect business operations and financial transactions and ensure that all accounts are booked in accordance with the approved system of accounts and point out transactions that do not conform to the banking regulations and organizational policies and procedures for the attention of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct Head Office and Branch audits to ensure that all company system policies and procedures are being complied with and make appropriate recommendations.
- Confirm account balance with clients by investigating accounts with a material difference in balance.
- Perform proper incident analysis and ensure that all open findings/agreed action plans from previous inspections and audit exceptions are timely closed with zero repeat findings.
- To assist other departments in developing risk registers and monitoring risks.
- To carry out investigations into allegations of fraud within the organization.
- Review loan application and appraisal reports, loan approval, cash flow analysis and loan utilization reports.
- Verify agreement in the amount of loan approved with actual disbursed
- Reconcile Head Office account with branch account specifically cash in the vault.
- Reconcile advances/transfers to and from the Head Office account and inter-branch transfers from the vault to the depository bank.
- To provide training and support to staff within the organization.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Accounts or Business Diploma, ACCA/CIMA/CA (Z) Level II or equivalent.
- Some work experience in an audit firm or financial institution will be an added advantage.
- Average knowledge of the operational environment appreciates and exhibits audit ethics.
- General knowledge of the banking and microfinance work environment.
- Knowledge of policy and procedure within the job environment.
- The ability to ride a motorbike will be an added advantage.
- Should be a fully paid-up ZICA member.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills.
Method of Application
- All applications should be sent through e-mail to the address provided below. All applications should be clearly marked Internal Auditor in the subject line.
AMZ is an equal-opportunity employer