The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation PLC (ZAFFICO) is a listed and publicly traded company whose mission is to establish and manage industrial exotic forest plantations and agroforestry products in order to meet demand and maximize return on investment.
In pursuance of its mission and strategic goals, the Corporation is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the under-listed position:
1.0 WORKSHOP SUPERINTENDENT (GRADEZ.7)
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF PLANTATIONS
To implement and coordinate various aspects of the workshop maintenance and repair works in order to provide profitable, efficient and reliable services at minimum cost.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Prepares sectional annual budget for inclusion by supervisors in the departmental budget and monitors expenditure of the same once approved to ensure it is within limits
- Draws up annual maintenance programmes for all sections. Supervises and controls the implementation of these programmes in order to ensure maximum utilization of power and fleet with minimum down time
- Supervises and caries out more complex jobs beyond the capabilities of subordinates to ensure prompt and quality completion of assignments
- Prepare monthly operations reports of a technical nature and submits to the Director of Plantations for scrutiny, information and action:
- Motivates subordinates, with the aim of achieving higher productivity;
- Recommends and seeks approval for the write-off of obsolete equipment. plant and machinery as well as the rehabilitation of the same within the Corporation:
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12School Certificate
- Diploma-Mechanical Technologist
- Five (5) years’ experience as head of a workshop in a reputable firm.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The candidate must have a strong understanding of both light and heavy automotive equipment systems.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic certificates and curriculum vitae indicating contact telephone or mobile numbers, names and contact addresses of three (3) traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the address below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.