The role is responsible for customer billing. It involves the collection, analysing and processing of timely and accurate energy sales data for billing, informational and reporting purposes. This role is also responsible for preparing fit-for-purpose and user-friendly reports for energy supply-demand trend analysis that informs business decisions. The job holder will be responsible for managing the automated billing tool.
- Gather and analyse data on electrical power transmission and consumption trends to support the production of accurate reports for purposes of billing and tariff negotiations.
- Review maximum demand and energy metering data for accuracy, completeness, and validity by reconciling, verifying, and validating energy data to ensure the integrity of the billing process.
- Execute reconciliations, highlight discrepancies, and document adjustments of energy consumption data.
- Undertake timely and accurate billing of CEC customers to facilitate efficient and effective revenue collection.
- Maintain databases to support the delivery of electrical energy demand and consumption analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of Gas Turbine Alternators (GTA) runs, energy market data and other key statistical data for easy reference and retrieval.
- Provide forecasts of the company’s annual power sales and purchases based on energy transaction data and detailed analysis of trends using statistical techniques where applicable.
- Supervise the compilation of various energy statistical reports required for management decision-making and other relevant external stakeholders.
- Generate statistical analytical reports, dashboards and presentations at appropriate intervals (monthly, annually and ad-hoc) summarizing energy consumption trends convincingly, succinctly and credibly.
- Resolve customer billing queries timely and effectively while keeping a traceable record of when such queries are registered and closed.
- Constructively engage and interface with relevant CEC’s external customers to facilitate prompt settlement of bills.
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these or escalate to superiors
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Minimum: Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Essential: Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant qualifications in statistics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in billing, energy accounting and statistical analysis in a role and context of similar complexity.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
A solid understanding of the Zambian and SADC power system network.
Strong analytical skills with a focus on accuracy, validation and problem-solving.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to be able to work efficiently and effectively using large volumes of data.
Hard-copy applications will not be accepted at this stage. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 31st March 2023.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.