The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1983, Chapter 137 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia to set and conduct Examinations and award Certificates to successful candidates. The vision of the Council is to be an Educational Assessment Body of Excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant position in the Certification Department at the Examination Council of Zambia Lusaka Service Centre.
EXAMINATIONS OFFICER CERTIFICATION (1) ECZ 5 LUSAKA SERVICE CENTRE
Reporting to the Senior Examinations Officer Certification, the Examinations Officer Certification will assist in keeping academic and professional results for all examinations in order to effectively and efficiently serve the public.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the management of electronic and/or paper-based information
- Assist in setting up and reviewing documenting records systems
- Assist in the establishment of retention and disposal schedules
- Assist in managing the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information
- Help preserve corporate memory and heritage
- Maintain detailed records and files
- Verify confirm Grade 7,9 12 and Teacher Training certificates and Statement of results
- Attend to clients’ inquiries pertaining to the certification of results
- Verify details on lost or damaged certificate/statement of results
- Set targets and agree to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution
- Perform any other duties related to the role or departmental/unit/section functions as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in Education
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in examinations administration or educational assessment
- Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and daytime contact numbers and a copy of NRC. All applications must reach the undersigned no later than 28th March 2023.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432