ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) is building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
The Head of Finance & Administration will manage all financial and administrative services for the ENGIE Energy Access Zambia Limited and will provide strategic business guidance to further develop ENGIE Energy Access Zambia Limited as a financially sound organization. The Head of Finance & Administration will provide strategic business planning, supervise/conduct all financial operations, and manage the administrative portfolio for ENGIE Energy Access Zambia Limited.
Vision and Purpose
- In collaboration with the management team, develop the strategic vision for the country including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships at the provincial and national levels.
- Directs the development of strategic, fiscal and interim plans for the country and collaborates with the MD and management team in approving all plans including local capital expenditure proposals.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee to develop goals and objectives.
- The Finance Director will represent the company in matters dealing with banking, insurance, and interactions with external financial and potential partnership parties on behalf of the company.
- Transform the current finance organization from a reporting organization to one which develops, advises and drives value creation.
- Engages and creates buy in of the key stakeholders in value creation opportunities within the business.
- Optimize current financial monitoring and management processes.
- Provide reliable and accurate financial and management advice leading to the expeditious analysis and resolution of financial and commercial aspects of the business.
- Together with the management team, review business performance, market analysis, or other actions as appropriate.
- Direct the entire range of activities in finance to ensure that reporting and accounts preparation is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Analyse financial reports following the Group standard financial projections and ensure compliance with group standards, processes and policies at all times.
- Ensure that supply and purchase contracts are reviewed from a financial and legal perspective in order to minimise or negate financial and/or legal liability exposure.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Lead and direct the entire budgeting exercise
- Lead budget reviews and forecast during the year to ensure the company remains focused and aligned with the targets set in the budget
- Ensure that the budgeted EBITDA/COI is achieved to realize the agreed profitability targets
- Lead and direct efforts to reduce cost and control expenditure
- Constantly monitor the market with the operational teams to identify opportunities for reducing cost of operations
Internal Controls and Audit
- Liaise and coordinate with external auditors ensuring that audit activities are carried out accordingly.
- Develop necessary internal control procedures to increase efficiency of operations and minimize business exposure
- Constantly review internal control procedures to ensure they are updated and properly adapting to business requirements
- Ensure compliance with ZRA and applicable local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Be an effective relationship builder at all levels, both internally as well as with external partners
- Hire, develop, sustain and lead a successful technically focused team
- Responsible for selection, training, development and termination of all Country finance and accounting staff.
Procurement & Administration
- Oversee purchasing operations of the business and offer best practices across all our operations in Zambia.
- Ensure that efficient management of all ENGIE Energy Access Zambia facilities and successful implementation of best practice policies and procedures for Fleet and Fixed Asset Management in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies for fixed asset management
- Provide oversight and ensure the provision of an effective and appropriate ICT service designed to meet the needs of EEA Zambia.
- Maintain and develop the ICT infrastructure to ensure best value and to support fit for purpose systems and solutions.
- Provide guidance for the implementation and development of policies relating to ICT, Information and Security.
- Deliver the EEA Zambia’s statutory roles and licensing requirements relating to ICT, Information and Security.
Knowledge and skills Experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience in financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or relevant field/ Full ACCA/FullCIMA
- Masters of Arts Degree in accounting or finance will be an added advantage
- At least one Zambian Local Language
ENGIE Energy Access thanks all applicants for their interest. However due to the large volume of applications they receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply, submit your CV and Application to the Company Website: