Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) was enacted through an Act of Parliament (ZCAS Act No. 1 of 1989) for the purpose of training accountants, promoting research and advancement of learning in accountancy, finance, and related studies, providing advisory and consultancy services, and for related matters.
The position is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Executive Director.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Screens telephone calls and visitors to the Executive Director and determine needs and provide information.
- Exercise discretion in arranging appointments and maintaining a calendar for the Executive Director.
- Records and informs the Executive Director on all scheduled appointments/meetings.
- Provides administrative support to the Board Secretary, Director of Professional Studies, Director of Finance and Head of Research Consultancy Innovation and Advocacy.
- Opens, records, reviews, sorts and screens mail and distributes to relevant offices.
- Drafts and edits responses to correspondence as well as reports for submission to the Executive Director for clearance.
- Ensures timely, effective and efficient dissemination of information about the Centre internally and externally.
- Schedules all management meetings for the Centre.
- Provides secretarial services to the Management Committee and the Scholarships Committee.
- Prepares notices, agenda and supporting documentation for meetings conducted by the Executive Director.
- Prepares and follows up resolutions of meetings chaired by the Executive Director.
- Maintains a record of files for matters in progress and expedites their completion by making follow ups on the pending works.
- Collects background information and documentation on issues addressed to the Executive Director to aid effective decision making.
- Ensures the availability of speeches, briefs and statements for the Executive Director.
- Participates in the preparation of the Centre budget.
- Issues out quotations for use of Centre Services.
- Determines and replenishes office supplies such as stationery and beverages for the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team.
- Processes procurement of Airtime for all entitled officers.
- Ensures proper record keeping of Memorandum of Understanding, correspondences and all documentation in the Office of the Executive Director by maintaining a filling and indexing system that guides the coding, storage, retrieval, retention and destruction of records.
- Arranges travel itineraries, including airline, hotel reservations, and other related activities for the Executive Director and person(s) coming from within or outside the country visiting the Executive Director.
- Coordinates the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
- Participates in consolidating the Centre’s Annual Reports.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or any other relevant field.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Advanced Certificate in Secretarial Studies, with Typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Minimum of three (3) years of administrative and secretarial experience with a sound understanding of Administration and Management.
- Proficiency in ICT – Microsoft Office Package (word, powerpoint and excel).
- Must have proof of valid membership to the Professional Secretaries Association of Zambia (PSAZ).
Method of Application
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies P.O. Box 35243 Dedan Kimathi Road LUSAKA