Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for an Operations Administrator to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Operations team and take on the important tasks of record keeping and warehouse management. The role holder will be expected to engage with a wide array of stakeholders including providing assistance to field staff. This position will report to the Operations Coordinator.
Successful applicants for this role will:
- Perform stores keeping tasks
- Data capturing and management of records
- Capture all product movement across the organization, take note of all items and products coming in and leaving the operations office
- Attend to all field staff queries
- Oversee the faulty product and repaired products dispatch process
- Ensure office is well organized and presentable
- Procurements and other offsite errands as instructed
- Any other task asked to perform
- Diploma or certificate in Purchasing and Supply or any related field
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Professional, proactive and productive attitude, whilst paying great attention to detail
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Valid 2 years driver’s license class B non-restricted
- Ability to work effectively under minimum supervision
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in order to maintain excellent relationships
- Customer service experience
- Understanding of documents such as GRN,GDN, Inventory bin cards
- 1-2 years of work experience in a related field
- Experience in records capturing and records keeping will be an added advantage
- Experience in office administration added advantage
- Experience in stores keeping will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in logistics management will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to the email address below.
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 300 words expressing your view on the following, “How would you track inventory in multiple locations?”
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything