Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production, and the marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Projects Engineer in the Estate Support Department:
The position reports to the Capital Projects Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing assigned projects from requirements definition until fully operational and handed over to the customer.
Key performance Areas
- Deliver projects to schedule and within the project timeline and budget.
- Enforce SHERQ compliance, ensuring project safety files are in place and in line with Zambia Sugar SHE guidelines.
- Scope projects to inform the contractor procurement process.
- Support line functions to develop projects to agreed budget and/or agreed cost flows.
- Submit Contract applications with the required project sequence documentation in line with the annual capital cycle fore core capital projects.
- Complete monthly inputs for each active assigned project ensuring that the financial, risk and planned steps are highlighted along with the actual and revised timeline and cash flows as prescribed in the monthly input.
- Manage contractors to ensure that agreed SLA’s and Zambia Sugar standards are met for all projects.
- Evaluate and sign off the implementation of the BOQ and work standards of all assigned projects as per the defined scopes and contacts.
- Keep up to date with industry and Illovo best practices.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies, and guidelines without limitation, including those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical/ Mechanical/Electrical/ C&I Engineering; relevant professional registration.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial project management.
- Good interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience in project management of medium to a large project.
- Membership of The Engineering Institution of Zambia
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to clearly state the role applied for in the subject line.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.