The role will support the senior records officer by managing the authority’s manual and electronic records for the storage and ease of retrieval.
The role holder will be required to work closely with authority staff to ensure the authority’s existing information systems provide the users with records they need to perform their duties.
The key functions of the role will include but not limited to;
- Obtaining, sorting, classifying, and registering records as required.
- Coordinating filing activities in various departments of the Authority
- Monitoring movement of issued files and follow up on delayed or missing files/correspondence.
- Maintaining an up-to-date filing system of letters, magazines and other documents for record purposes and future reference.
- Responding to information enquiries from user departments and giving them appropriate access to information based on a “need to know” basis.
- Photocopying various documents as may be assigned by the superior and assist in collating the same.
- Preparing relevant monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc records management reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language;
- Minimum Diploma in Records Management or any related field of study
- At least 2-3years experience in a similar role.
Competencies required for this Role
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Must be computer literate with MS Office applications
- Attention to detail, and
- Excellent analytical skills