A Chef or Platter is responsible for using their culinary expertise to create appetizing dishes for customers to enjoy while adhering to food preparation guidelines and ensuring consistent quality culinary offerings to our customers. Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are served in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation.
We are looking for a professional Chef de Partie to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking according to the menu recipes and specifications. Your work will be an important factor to customer satisfaction and daily food sales target.
- Prepare menus in collaboration with the Cinema Manager.
- Ensure the adequacy of supplies in your kitchen
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.).
- To assist in front of the house as cashier & service of food and coffees.
- To keep all working areas clean and tidy to maintain hygienic surroundings.
- Apply the rule ‘Clean as you go’ at all times. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean.
- All food should follow food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, and rotation.
- Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices. Adhering to all personal hygiene and grooming standards, fire safety rules, and health & safety rules.
- Perform tasks within a timely manner Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control and contribute to achieving food sales target percentage.
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers. Follow and maintain cleanliness and good hygiene practices in the kitchen. ·
Qualification and required skills.
- Full grade twelve school certificate
- Must have worked at least 2-3 years as a Chef de partie in Hotels and Restaurants
- Culinary art school Certificate/diploma in food production
- Have basic knowledge of cashiering using POS will be added advantage.
- Applicants should be 30 years of age and below.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strongly committed to teamwork and customer service.
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
Residents of the surrounding area of Arcades and East Park are encouraged to apply as the job involves day/night shifts.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email address below.