Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
This role provides support to the overall financial and regulatory reporting of the team and is responsible for supplier management and MI in that regard.
- Apply knowledge of financial reporting standards to ensure all entries are posted accurately in the general ledger through the invoice management process.
- Provide support in the processing of all month end journals relating to accruals and prepayments.
- Providing support for reconciliation of Finance suspense accounts and providing support to the business as may be required
- Analytical review of the income statement and balance sheet particularly the income statement for expenditure
- General tax compliance work involving the processing of VAT, corporate tax, WHT, PAYE as may be applicable
- Cost analysis on a monthly basis to get insights into cost drivers on a regular basis
- Responsible for the receiving of all supplier invoices and ensuring these are compliant before they are scanned into Kofax
- Responsible for overall MI of all supplier payments which will be used for managing the expectation of both suppliers and the user departments. This MI is to be very concise to minimise the numbers of queries received
- Maintain timetable to ensure all contractual payments are paid on the 15th and 25th of the month and have in place a schedule for scanning of invoices into the system.
- Provide support in ensuring all funding and payments suspense accounts are reconciled on a weekly basis to ensure they net off to nil in the SAP trial balance
- Review of all direct invoices that have been scanned to ensure that they meet the minimum standards and all applicable information is included
- All queries on payments from FSSA shall be responded to within 24 hours and from the user departments within 48 hours to give time for investigation
- Will ensure all items in the payment proposal are legitimate to avoid duplications
- Will follow up to ensure all manual entries are cleared off the system using the F-53 transaction code
- Ensure all queries are communicated in good time to users / departments and impact on timelines to payment discussed.
- Alternate for preparation of the weekly liquidity return
- Assist in gathering information as may be requested by the regulator or revenue authority, Securities and Exchange Commission etc.
Key Stakeholder Management
- Support the wider finance team in managing the relationship with regulators, tax authorities, internal and external auditors etc.
- Manage Relationships with Business Performance and Analytics teams in country
- Manage supplier and business unit expectations to avoid business frustration
Risk Management control and Compliance
- Understand the appropriate Group and RoA Policies & Standards applicable to role.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) which are faced in the role thereby contributing to the adherence to the Group Risk and Control Framework.
- Ensure that practices and controls required by Policies are communicated to all relevant colleagues
- Ensure that independent oversight, on a proactive basis takes place of the risk performance (including related control effectiveness) Principal Risks.
- Maintaining procedures to monitor compliance with Policies and any controls required by them
- Ensuring compliance with the Group process for applications for waivers and dispensations and the notification of breaches of Policies as appropriate
- Provide support to the wider finance team in the various aspects that the team may be pursuing.
- Proactive engage members of the bank’s senior leadership team committed to achieving success and providing support for Colleagues.
- Pursue your own personal development to increase job effectiveness
- Higher Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on the company website below.