Retail Development Manager
The purpose of this job is growing the retail network, coordinating the development plans for the existing sites and managing the station leases in line with the company growth strategy.
The Retail development Manager is accountable to source for new potential sites, planning for the long term improvements of the existing network, monitoring and negotiating of all the station leases. This is done through team work with the retail sales Team who advice on the needs in the various regions.
The function works hand in hand with Retail sales, Retail convenience, the legal office, operations department and all are guided by the Retail Manager in the validation of the various development plans.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Key Player in prospecting for New Stations in line with Company network expansion aspirations and within set policies and procedures in regions where the company does not have presence.
2. Guide the development committee on the development plans set by the management.
3. Analyzing the sites marked for improvement by ensuring that the lease status allows for such development and advising the expected benefit from the investment.
4. Proactively keeping a keen check on all station leases to ensure that they are updated and secure in terms of expiry and renewal.
5. Supporting the retail sales team where need be on improvements required to grow volumes.
6. Vetting of all new sites for compliance and approvals to avoid exposure to the company.
7. Oversee the end-to-end retail development process for each site from decision making, monitoring of progress of the project, handover of site to retail sales team and carry out post implementation analysis for evaluation.
8. Advice Management on lease validation where need be by negotiating with landlords during renewals, extensions, variations of leases due to market dynamics and provision of all required documents.
9. Manage all station leases to ensure any possible exposure-Availability and timely renewal of leases with all Landlords.
a. Self-drive to understand the emerging trends.
b. Project Management from planning to implementation
c. Good Negotiation Skills
d. Team players
Method of Application
Submit your application to the email address below.