The Flying Eye Hospital (FEH) Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, logistical and coordination services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of the September 2023 Orbis Flying Eye Hospital (FEH) project. The FEH Coordinator will be based at the Orbis Zambia office in Lusaka.
Reporting & working relationships
The FEH Coordinator reports to the Flying Eye Hospital Program Manager and works with the Orbis Zambia and Orbis Headquarters (New York) program and finance teams.
- FEH Administration
- Assist in the logistics and co-ordination of the FEH project, including but not limited to:
- Co-ordinating local transport and accommodation arrangements for participants and visitors, during planning visits and the FEH project
- Assist with obtaining visas.
- Co-ordinate logistics for Customs and Immigration permissions required for the project.
- Setting up meetings with relevant authorities.
- Arrange and attend meetings with project including Local Planning Committee, local hosts, Ministry of Health, Aviation Authorities, and other relevant parties to ensure understanding of protocols and procedures.
- Oversee in-country temporary medical licensing for Orbis staff and Volunteer Faculty
- Coordinate logistics arrangements as they relate to project preparation and implementation.
- Conduct necessary post-project administration when the FEH project is completed.
- Any other duties as requested by the FEH Program Manager and/or the Orbis Country Director Zambia
CORE CONTACTS FOR THE COORDINATOR:
- FEH Program Manager
- Senior Logistics Manager, FEH Aircraft Operations
- FEH Senior Manager, Logistics & Administration
- Zambia Project Team
- Orbis New York Team
- University Teaching Hospitals – Eye Hospital
- National Airports Cooperation
- Ophthalmic institutions and networks
- Ministry of Health; other government departments
- Civil Society and Community Organization
Qualifications & Experience
- NGO background, administration, and logistics as well as experience working in collaboration with the government ministries.
Skills & AbIlIties
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills with a customer-centered approach and the ability to maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Excellent spoken and written English language competence is essential
- Excellent organizational & planning skills: ability to effectively multi-task and manage a broad spectrum of responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly functional in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel locally
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on the company website by following the link below.