The organization running educational projects is looking for a Director’s Assistant/School Secretary.
1. Implementing and developing office procedures and record systems.
2. Organizing and maintaining confidential school and office files.
3. Entering data, maintaining a database and keeping records.
4. Typing, formatting, editing and checking school and administrative files.
5. Writing reports.
6. Managing internal and external correspondence.
7. Attend relevant school meetings.
8. Maintaining the school calendar, and sending reminders.
9. Photocopying/scanning/binding/laminating school materials.
10. Organizing and preparing shopping lists.
11. Ordering and collecting the school and office supplies.
12. Cooperating with suppliers and checking orders.
13. Perform routine bookkeeping tasks.
14. Preparing facilities/materials for scheduled events (e.g., school workshops, visitors) and arranging refreshments, if required.
15. Observing best business practices and etiquette.
16. Any other duties required by the Director.
1. Full grade 12 certificate
2. Diploma in the secretariat, office administration or any business program
3. 1-2 years of experience as a personal assistant will be advantageous
4. Extensive experience in creating spreadsheets, using office software such as MS Word, Excel, Power Pont
5. Advanced typing, note-taking, recordkeeping, and organizational skills
6. Ability to manage internal and external correspondence
7. Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners and other office equipment
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills
10. A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise
11. Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
12. Ability to work with minimal supervision
Method of Application
E-mail your CV, scanned copies of your relevant certificates, grade 12 certificate, and NRC