BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe (Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg) and in more than 20 African countries and employs more than 1.300 people, including more than 850 engineers and technicians.
What will be your responsibilities?
- To ensure proper submission of customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Regular reporting and updates to key stakeholders across the business on all imported and exported orders/ shipment
- Coordinate Forwarding Operations with local, regional and international offices
- Service clients by advising on most effective and efficient mode of cargo movement, most appropriate routes, legislative requirements and educates on emerging trends in the industry
- Monitor and follow up deeply all opportunities to reduce additional costs, demurrage/detention
- To reconcile Duties, VAT and any other taxes payable to Zambia Revenue Authority
- To engage ZRA and clearing agents by travelling to the borders as required
Any other Logistics and Customs duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma in logistics or equivalent by experience
- Justify 3-5 years’ experience in a similar function
- Extensive knowledge and use of Incoterms 2020
- Extensive experience in Importation of Mining Equipment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office/Excel
- Good understanding of triangular shipping processes
- Customs knowledge and familiar with the laws of Zambia CAP 322 – Customs Act
- Valid member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (ZCILT) with practicing license as prescribed by the law
Languages: English. Any other language is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- A permanent contract
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
- A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfully growing family-owned company
- Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
- In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email address below.