ORYX Energies S.A “OESA” is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd “OEZL”, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The HR Manager will be based either Lusaka or Ndola.
- Develop and implement HR programs and initiatives, (in adherence to HR Group’s strategy, policies & procedures) to respond to business’ strategy & needs.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation for all HR activities and keep abreast of regulatory changes.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Lead recruitment activities.
- Assess training needs, advise, implement, and monitor training activities.
- Lead performance evaluation cycles (particularly for executive population) to drive high performance.
- Deploy Talent Management approach, in particular succession planning and career development.
- Manage payroll and compensation (in collaboration with Finance Manager), as well as employee benefits.
- Implement HRIS.
- Act as main point of contact for local authorities & third parties for all HR related matters.
- Produce and report to management on HR metrics.
- Ensure all HR administrative tasks and changes are properly documented throughout the employee life cycle.
- Review and update local HR policies and procedures in line with the Group HR guidelines, and where applicable, draft procedures and policies addressing specific needs of the local affiliate.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations in accordance with Company Policy.
- Nurture a positive working environment & safeguard employee relations.
Key working relations:
Managing Directors (MD), MD’s direct reports and members of the management team
Group HR team
HR Colleagues and peer HR Managers in East Africa
East Africa HR Lead
Regional Managers in EAF
OEZL& OGZL employees
Finance & Internal Control Departments
Local authorities for HR related matters
Educational institutions (universities, technical institutes…)
External suppliers & service providers
Professional HR network
Experience & education required:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources at managerial level including managing HR matters at multinational level
- Experience in Talent Management & Talent Acquisition
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project/change management
- Knowledge of the oil & gas industry a plus
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- Confirmed user of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to quickly adopt HRIS tools
- Paid up member of ZIHRM (Associate or Full Member)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated cultural and emotional intelligence, empathy
- Strong eye for detail & organizational skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and to delegate as appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Availability to travel upcountry on a frequent basis
- Risk awareness
- Use of synergies, search for efficiency & performance
- Role model, people leadership and team development
Method of Application
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Communications Officer
Oryx Energies Zambia Limited
Plot No. 875 Zambia Road
P. O. Box 230074
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.
Ladies are encouraged to apply.