ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with the marginalized, excluded women and young people, their organizations, and social movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to take up the following position:
1.0 Position: Business Development Manager
Duration 24 months
1.1. Purpose of the role
The holder of the position shall be responsible for fundraising activities of ActionAid Zambia. He or she will lead the identification of existing and new funding opportunities and support the proposal development team in the fundraising process.
1.2 Specific duties
- Support the Country Director to lead in updating the Fundraising Strategy in line with the Country Strategy Paper as well as ActionAid International global funding policies and frameworks.
- Lead the implementation of funding annual plan.
- Explore existing and alternative funding options suitable for ActionAid Zambia funding needs.
- Identify new and potential funding mechanisms/opportunities in Zambia, regional and donor community.
- Compile monthly income generation reports, comprehensive quarterly activity reports and annual fundraising reports.
- Responsible for diversification of income streams by engaging in corporate partnerships and philanthropy funding opportunities.
Donor relations and Proposal Development
- Support Country Director/Head of Programmes to build alliances with donors, corporations, and NGOs to support ActionAid Zambia work.
- Undertake donor scoping and mapping in line with Country Strategy Paper (CSP)
- Collate intelligence/mapping of opportunities already available at country program and regional levels.
- Undertake go/no go analysis for available funding opportunities.
- Support proposal development teams in the fundraising process
- Negotiates implementation of contracts and MoUs with donors and partners in collaboration with the programmes manager and the finance manager
- Monitor donor activities to ensure that relationships, follow-up, and reporting are being managed appropriately.
Child Sponsorship and Individual Giving
- Oversee sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsorship communications.
- Oversee maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards, and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments.
1.3 Minimum Requirements
- An MBA or Master’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University
1.4 Essential Knowledge & Skill
- Demonstrated understanding of national and international aid environment and trends
- Demonstrated results in achieving large institutional grants.
- Experience in Child Sponsorship/Individual giving fundraising.
- Conversant with national socio-economic and political environment
- Proven research, analytical, communication and report writing skills.
- Good contacts and relationships with people working in donor agencies nationally. At least 7 years professional experience in inter-institutional relationship management, programme development and fundraising
1.5 Other Requisite Competences
- Demonstrate understanding of the AAZ’s priorities and goals and effectively analyses complex problems.
- Overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening, and building commitment.
- Motivates and develops employees.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions and plans.
- Has personal direction and is not easily side-tracked by details or workload.
- Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on promises; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.
Method of Application
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address;
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and candidate’s finalist.